The direction is given by the juvenile court and refers to young male perpetrators (up to the age of 21) who become or are a father. The measure aims at giving them support in new life conditions and shall help them to assume responsibility. At the same time it encourages an exchange of experiences among the young men who often don’t know any peers in a similar situation.
The measure’s duration is six weeks; it includes six sessions each taking two hours and an intensive preliminary interlocution. The number of participants it limited to seven persons.
- coping with the life situation transformed by the birth of the child
- coping with changes in partnership
- being a father vs. being a man
- reflecting the own educational behaviour
- rights and duties (visitation rights, alimony etc.)